Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield 1942 Wont Start From Cd

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pickajoe

Pickajoe

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

I purchased Battlefield 1942 The Complete Collection and loaded it onto my computer. Then after, I placed in the CD and tried to load the game up and it did nothing. The CD drive sounds like its loading it up, and the Battlefield logo square will come on the screen then dissapear and it stops. How can I fix this, the game and my computer drivers are up to date.

LG disc drive
Radeon 9600xt
AMD Athlon 2.1GHz
1GB RAM
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

Can you launch the games from Programs/EAGames/Battlefield....Anthology?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Pickajoe

Pickajoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

No, it does the same thing, acts like its going to load then just stops.
Posted Image

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

I just recently got that collection to, and since installing it, my cd drive have been acting funny... it now has troubles opening but it reads discs fine. I wonder if their is a problem or something with them?

Have you tried just for the heck of it putting in another disc? Try the 5th one because 5-8 is battlefield vietnam, and this is a separate install.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:02 AM

I installed all but the VN stuff, and didn't have any problems with the first three parts. I did place shortcuts to the three WW2games on my desktop.
If push comes to shove, completely uninstall the entire game, and then re-install it.

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

Could the copy protection on the CD's be causing issues? I had a game whose protection was having a difficult time with my CD drive and would just stop working.

3939.png

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

Oh ya, I also just remember there was a patch for the game on the ea site. Maybe downloading this patch will help. I think it's version 1.61.

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/194...sp?state=010010

Edited by Sterling14, 07 August 2007 - 10:01 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users