Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol Disconnect Error Message 72-mcll

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 guncptn

guncptn

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

Been having this problem for past few weeks after installing new Antivirus/Firewall from Zone Alrm. According to AOL FixIt problem is bad cable. Have two PCs hooked up to single dial up phone line. One constantly disconnects the other doesn't & both are basically the same PC/OS set up (Compaq Presarios with Windows XP [one with SP1 the other with SP 2]]. Have spent un acountable hours trying to resolve problem but to no avail. Have replace old phone line with new one, have found a patch from AOL support concerning malware Disconnects & down loaded & run -zero results. Have just bought Error Killer & Adware Alert, installed & run - no results (tho' they did improve speed except for Start Up -very slow). Have granted access permission to almost all AOL programs listed in Zone Alarm's active Programs & Components list (it's absolutely amazing how many sub programs AOL has installed on this PC). Symptons are un predictable. Can be up & running on the Internet for a couple hours (such as this session) then BOOM shut down. Then when try to restart, sometimes get whistling noise out of top of tower or or ablack screen for 10 minutes or so. Usually let PC sit for 30 seconds then restart but then will shut down from Internet 3 or 4 time in about 30 minute time span. Have gone thru all my resources & researches but can't find problem solver? Anybody out there run across this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks..... :thumbsup:

Edited by guncptn, 06 August 2007 - 07:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 guncptn

guncptn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:53 AM

A couple days later...problem still persists. Have turned on just about every permissable toggle to aol in Zone Alarms Antivirus & Firewall bundle. Unfortunately, you can not turn off the Firewall so as to let Windows XP's firewall run - from what I gather you have to turn off Zone Alarm altogther the turn on Windos XP Firewall. Main problem is - can't find any help for aol error message 72-MCll. I have spent a good week (40 hours trying to resolve problem). Next thing, I guess, is to cal AOL directly, if I can find a support phone number. Am about to switch over to "peoples.pc" I'm so frustrated with this problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users