Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I Cant Open My Rigistryedit

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 taenamo

taenamo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

guys.. what should i do?? iam i infected??? i cant open my registry it restart automatically when i try to open it..

i want to open that folder because i cant access my folder option... i want to un hide some of my folder in my hard disk

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:41 AM

Try Kelly's Korner.

Repair the Registry Editor - #173 on the left.

As this is a registry edit you should backup the registry first.

How To Back Up The Registry
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

ei budapest tnx for the reply... but i try your advice still my regedit is restricted by the aministrator... i cant acess it

#4 Compu-tar

Compu-tar

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

i want to open that folder because i cant access my folder option... i want to un hide some of my folder in my hard disk

I know its a pain....but you could always look at hidden folder using cmd.exe and the attrib command
"They say one of a baby's first non-verbal forms communication is pointing. Clicking must be somewhere just after that."

Ben

-Certified Computer Technician-

#5 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

I know its a pain....but you could always look at hidden folder using cmd.exe and the attrib command

what do you mean??? by command promnt?how??

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

This error occurs if the DisableRegistryTools Policy is enabled. See Removing the DisableRegistryTools restriction. Be sure to read the note:

Important: If this policy was enabled in your system (not connected to a corporate network) without you doing anything or without your knowledge, then it's highly likely that a Virus has blocked the usage of Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) in your system by enabling the DisableRegistryTools policy via the registry. It's highly recommended that you perform a thorough checkup of your system immediately. Steps listed in this article will help you unblock the Registry Editor, but that does not remove the Virus (if any) from your system....

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

If you don't have any anti-virus or anti-malware programs see BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources and at least scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. In #4 there is a list of several free online anti-virus scans which you can perform. I would also recommend that you download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users in "SAFE MODE".

Edited by quietman7, 19 August 2007 - 07:32 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 Compu-tar

Compu-tar

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

what do you mean??? by command promnt?how??

you navigate to that whatever folder it is using the cd command. When you reach the folder use the dir command to see the contents. If the files you were looking for are still hidden, type attrib in the command line and press enter. It should give you a list of hidden files in that folder. Then you can have your way with them
"They say one of a baby's first non-verbal forms communication is pointing. Clicking must be somewhere just after that."

Ben

-Certified Computer Technician-

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

I responded to your other post.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...iew=getlastpost
Brontok.a Remover:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Qui...Brontok-A.shtml

You probably have other malware on your computer.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

I too responded in your other thread here as I did not notice you had started another topic.

Both topics are related. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. I closed that one so keep all your questions/replies here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Edited by quietman7, 19 August 2007 - 08:25 AM.

#10 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

my os is xp i try all the recommended of buddy but have none been detected....

i have no internet in my comp.. so i were just download it and save it on a flash drive

#11 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

elo quitman7, after doing this... in your post here

the brontok gone and i can acess now my regedit,but after i restart my pc. i encountered this "windows cannot find C:\WINDOWS\EKSPLORASI.EXE, make sure you type correctly,and try again." and everytime i restart or open my computer it pop up after the start up....

and another thing is when after loading the window xp screen there a notice of promise of "strawberries" and i have to ok that pop up to go on with the loading of the start up

Edited by taenamo, 20 August 2007 - 07:05 AM.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:18 AM

eksplorasi.exe is an orphaned entry related to RONTOKBRO that was set to run at startup. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was removed during during the cleaning process. When Windows loads, it looks for any files associated with registry entries for programs that are set to run at startup. If the file was removed but not the registry entry, Windows will display an error message indicating that the file was not found. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the program when it loads. To resolve this download and run Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.

#13 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:20 AM

quitman7,

ty. the error of eksplorasi is gone,but the notice before the welcome start up is still there..... and after the boot the MY COMPUTER is automatically load

#14 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

no reply today??

#15 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter