Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winantispyware2007

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LAKEGIRL22

LAKEGIRL22

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:43 AM

Hi I have a compaq Presario sr1023wm windows xp

Im writting to you from an old computer I hooked up so I could get some help hopefully

I have encountered Winantispyware It brings alot of popup ads and slows the computer down so I came here and read some other folks postings and tried to follow directions with Superanitispyware on safemode but then I could not get out of safe mode for the life of me. So I did a system recovery and now I cant get windows to finish the reg or start process Im not sure what you call it but it wont finish to take me to the desktop Ive tried several times. Is my computer dead Ive only had it 3yr so If I can fix it that would be great. If anyone can help please ?

Thank You Maria

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

See this article.

Scroll down to the section "Problems that can occur by forcing Safe Mode using the System Configuration Utility".

The information there may help you get back into normal mode.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 LAKEGIRL22

LAKEGIRL22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Thank you that is very good info to know for next time I run into trouble. I was wondering If you knew how to get windows to complete loading after system recovery I cant get it to finish. Then I could go back and rename the boot file.

Thanks for all your help Maria

iI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users