Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Blinds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Josho

Josho

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

Windows XP SP2

This is Critical on my computer. and I need it FULLY uninstalled (Including Registry, and ALL other left over stuff, Add/Remove programs wont do the job). Here is the list of error messages I am getting:
*On Windows Login, It asks me for a password for my account (Or saying its incorrect)- I click OK, then I gotta CLICK on my account, and then it loads to my desktop, while it actually should be automatically loading my desktop. I dont have a password set.

*In User accounts (In Control Panel) I get the this error message when I click on either User Accounts, User Account Types or Switching Users: "Automation server cant create object" I basically cant change any settings in User Accounts, I can only create accounts and switch between them, Not that I want a user account but yeah.

*I found that my Shell32.dll file is 25MB! Now that doesn't sound right, and there is a problem (Its Windows Blinds).

Well, Reformating isnt an option. I am 15 years old, My Dad will kill me. There should be a way to repair XP without reformating and losing all my data (Thats what I want to do).

So if anyone has any suggestions, help, advice or STEP BY STEP instuctions on FULLY removing Windows Blinds, and bringing my pc back to life, will be great.

Thanks guys...

Josh.
Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

Did you do any of the things suggested below prior to uninstalling the windowblinds

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/faq.html

If you have configured WindowBlinds to start from the registry, please disable this option prior to uninstalling. We also recommend that you reboot without WindowBlinds before uninstalling to make sure locked files are removed. If you have added additional skins, you'll need to delete the \Program Files\Stardock\WindowBlinds directory to remove them. We've played it safe with the uninstall and not attempted to remove additional files.

Edited by dc3, 06 August 2007 - 02:10 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Josho

Josho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

Did you do any of the things suggested below prior to uninstalling the windowblinds

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/faq.html

If you have configured WindowBlinds to start from the registry, please disable this option prior to uninstalling. We also recommend that you reboot without WindowBlinds before uninstalling to make sure locked files are removed. If you have added additional skins, you'll need to delete the \Program Files\Stardock\WindowBlinds directory to remove them. We've played it safe with the uninstall and not attempted to remove additional files.

Still nothing I will wait for technical Support to reply tks
Chess, Outdoor Sport, Games & Computers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users