Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

History Location In Ie7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pix_Z

Pix_Z

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

Does anyone know where the history files are located in IE7? I am aware of the sidebar that you can pull up from within the browser, but I want to open and view the individual history files. In IE6 I found them in c:\Documents and Settings\(user)\Local Settings\History, but in IE7 I can't find them! I was able to find them on my computer at work, but on another user's computer they were not in that location! I told the Explorer to show the hidden files, too.

Alternatively, is there a way to get the history sidebar to display the time and day (not the just the day) that a particular website/page was accessed? I know I could look at the cache/cookies, but I would like something a little more easily digestible.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:47 AM

When logged in (as yourself), go to Internet Options/ General/ Browsing History/ Settings/ (TIF) Current location/ Move folder...

Does a TIF folder show up under My Computer\Local Disk C\Documents and Settings\(Your Username)\Local Settings?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Pix_Z

Pix_Z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:04 AM

This shows cache and cookies, not history files. I am looking for an icon that looks like a calendar and is labeled "Today," "Yesterday," "Friday," "1 week ago," etc. When you open these folders, there are subfolders for each URL that was hit during the day. Within those folders is a list of site pages visited. The Internet address, title of the page, and date/time last visited is given. The cache and cookies are not in a usable format for me because everything is shown--CSS, images, XML docs, and cookies. If I tell Explorer to organize the cache by type and look at the HTML files, then the dates and times are not in chronological order.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like you are missing the History Icon on your tool bar.

Right-click in the tool bar area, unlock the tool bar if it's locked, select Customize Command Bar and the Customize Menu appears.
Click Add or Remove Commands to display the Customize Toolbar window. The box on the left displays all the toolbar buttons.

For more information on this topic, have a look at Windows Internet Explorer 7 Toolbar: It's Your Option.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Pix_Z

Pix_Z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

History from the toolbar does not give time visited. I need both date and time. Does this not exist anymore in IE7?

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

The time you visited the site never existed in IE6.
In the side panel you could set it to view by order visited.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users