Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Popup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 m32

m32

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

Hi!

I get a pop-up that says "The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Microsoft Office .Ink refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and try again"

This computer is in a home and not on any network. I have searched for the shortcut itself, and can't find it. It pops up every minute whether you are using Office or not. The only option is "ok"; it goes away and is back in a minute. Everything else functions ok - Word, Excel, Outlook - all ok.

Any ideas? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

I am sorry it took so long. When you installed the program did you select the "Complete" install or to run from the CD? The option to run from the CD is so space on the hard drive can be conserved. If it is setup to run from the CD you will need to have the Program CD in the CD drive for the popup to go away.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 m32

m32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Quite alright, but I was afraid no one would comment at all! Thank you.

I did the "complete install" from the cd, not run from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users