Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supplies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CoDLunaCh!ck

CoDLunaCh!ck

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:58 PM

Hi to all. My name is LunaCh!ck and I am a new member. I am building my own gaming PC. Nothing spectacular, 80GB Hard Drive and CD R/RW Drive and a couple fans (which plug into my motherboard) Certainly not enough to warrant all those excess plugs and wires. So my question is this...can I cut the excess wires, or do I have to cram them into an empty space? Can this be safely done? If so, do I have to put caps or electrical tape on the ends? Of course I wound want to keep at least one extra plug just in case I add another HD. I appreciate any help anyone can give me, and thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,667 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:59 AM

No do not cut these wires. Buy some cable ties and other cable management to tuck them neatly out of the way.

Check this link for ideas:

http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductRes...ubmit=Go&DEPA=0

#3 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:40 AM

I agree with grinler. You can use cable ties or electrical tape to bind the excess ones together. They might be needed. Some of the better video cards need to be powered directly so if its for gaming that might be an issue.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#4 CoDLunaCh!ck

CoDLunaCh!ck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:32 AM

Thank you for the advice. I didn't think that was a good idea! I have alot of zip (cable) ties and a spot above my cd drive, so I'll put it there. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users