Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Being Weird & Spybot S&d Doesnt Seem To Work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HAJiME

HAJiME

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

Firefox keeps opening in it's own "safe mode". Can somone explain?

I opened it in non safe mode and all my bookmarks had gone... So i reinstalled it after uninstalling it, thinking it might have a fault.

But now, how do i get rid of bloody google toolbar? Cuz i hate the way it's just there and eugh, i never use it. I can't find it on the program uninstall list and it wouldnt let me get FF without it. Previously when i got firefox, i just unclicked it on the custom install.

Firefox icon won't show up... neither will any fo the quick icons in Start like "my documents" ever since i reinstalled it.

Comp just generally being slow and windows are freezing.

Recently installed simulator, so i've uninstalled thinking it might be the fault... doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Running antivirus now, although i ran it the other day and it didnt find nout.

Spybot S&D picks up loads of trash everytime i run it, but if i 'fix' the problems and then run it again... it finds the same ones in the same order. They show as red threats. :thumbsup:

In my docs, the pannel on the left which has things like "move this file" or whatever has just dissapeared. I tried restoreing the defults... i cant find out how to get it back. Again, it's just happened with the reinstalation of firefox.

Blah blah blah, getting somewhat agrivated. :flowers:

Edited by HAJiME, 05 August 2007 - 03:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:32 PM

Before you try and make anymore changes, download and install SUPERAntiSpyware. It may get of the nasties that Spybot is finding.
If you can, run the scan in Safe Mode and allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users