Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkin G+ Mimo Wireless Router (problems ._.)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vise

vise

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:26 AM

Recently I have purchased the above router...
But I have problems connecting to it using a Wireless belkin G 54 Adapter.

Before this router, I had a Zoom ADSLx6 router - which worked perfectly well, but upon buying this stronger, more powerful router - I cannot connect.

I click the red adapter icon in the lower left hand-side of my desktop, and it shows my routers signal... I have WPA encrption with TSIK. Upon cicking connect - It prompts me to enter a profile name, and other various bits of data, including: acces point or peer to peer (on which I select access point); and type of incryption and the key. I type thekey and etc. and the icon changes to blue. The internet computer icon comes up with a little yellow dot on the wire.

I still cannot acces the internet. I then take myself to network connections - where all I see is the connection with a small yellow dot on the 'wire' and above it a padlock - but why?

After around 5 mins a notice comes up with a '!'.

Please help?

Thanks for all in advance. :thumbsup:

EDIT
I just changed encryption to disabled - yet the same thing happens.

Edited by vise, 05 August 2007 - 07:30 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:05 AM

after many hours of fumbling - in the adapter connection page

there is an image of the adapter, the router, and the internet.
There is data streaming between the adapter and router - but there is a big fat 'X' between' the adapter and internet.

#3 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

I am not really a pro with this, but I have the same model router so maybe I can offer some help. I've never used the Belkin software - maybe because I am connected with a standard NIC and not a wireless adapter. It doesnt look like thats the source of the problem anyways.

Q1 - Whats your operating system? (edit: nvm - I see XP Home in your profile )

Q2 - Got another PC on the network? Does that have access to the web?

Q3 - Have you ever had success connecting to the net with the Belkin?

If no:
The UI for this router/modem resides by default at 192.168.2.1 (enter this in the URL bar of a web browser)
* Under WAN->Connection Type, go through the steps to make sure your ISP connection settings are correct.

If yes:
Use a phone to make sure there is a clear signal on the line.
Unplug all electrical, ethernet and phone cords from the router. Wait 2-3 minutes (no less). Plug everything back in. Test connection again.
Try a different phone cord between wall and router.

Edited by jhsmurray, 06 August 2007 - 04:33 AM.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#4 vise

vise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

thx but I fixed it . changed name of the SSID and a different channel.

But thing is - my router keeps vutitng out every now and then - the internet transfer light just stops blinking and all connection is lost =\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users