Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My External Hard Drive Crashes My Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hugomarasi

hugomarasi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:24 AM

I have a packard bell 3500 store and save hard drive
I then backed up alot of stuff and disconnected it

when i try reconnecting it, my computer just freezes.

I have tried connecting it when it is off and the computer goes on with it on, but this makes it go really slow
I have tried connecting it when it is on but if i look for the drive on My computer, my computer doesn't respond

I dont know what to do, i would like to reboot the thing but i dont know how to with out being able to see it on the computer

Any help would be much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

Could be that the external drive is bad or it could be a problem with the ports that you plug it into. Try another device in the same port to see if that's the problem. You can also try the drive on another computer to rule out the computer being at fault (rather than the drive).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

I've had a worse problem (computer crashes) when I plug my USB drive in when my WiFi USB is plugged in. Do you have any other USB devices plugged in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users