Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude D800

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cappi106

Cappi106

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:59 AM

I had to reinstall windows xp professional home edition on a Dell Latitude D800. It works perfectly for the moment. The instant I try to install netzero dial up internet it starts freezing and I can't even get it to connect to the internet. When I cancel out of the netzero install/setup, it will still freeze just by clicking on something as simple as the start menu. I have reinstalled windows a few times, and every time I get the same result. Does anyone know what could be causing it to do that? Is it possible that the xp professional home edition is too much for the laptop to handle? Or is it that I might not have all the drivers installed that I need? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:27 AM

Hi Cappi106, you said you reinstalled XP but did you formatt it first? You also say as soon as you try to install.............the software, have you first installed all of your drivers? e.g. audio, video and network drivers? Here is the link to Dell, you will have to go through and find what you need.

http://searchapj.dell.com/results.aspx?spf...h=False&p=1
MCP
MSDST

#3 Cappi106

Cappi106
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had to have Dell send me the right Windows disk. I had talked to Dell and I have everything installed correctly now. All drivers and utilities. However, now I have The Sims, the internet and Norton Anti Virus on it, and since I have installed the internet and anti-virus it freezes up again constantly. It freezes so bad you can't even click the start menu.

#4 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 19 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

IMO, most Norton products are problematic to too many people. I suggest you uninstall it use another AV and firewall.

Antivirus
(Have installed only one.)
Avast Home Edition Antivirus Freeware (I use this)
AVG Free Edition Antivirus
AntiVir Personal Edition Classic Freeware
BitDefender 8 Free Edition

Firewalls (Have installed only one.)
Zone Alarm Free for Personal Use (I use this)
SyGate Personal Firewall 5.6
OutPost Firewall Free
Kerio Free Personal Firewall

Active Anti-spyware (Can have all installed)
SpywareGuard - Tutorial (I use this)
SpywareBlaster - Tutorial (I use this)
Microsoft Defender (2000,and XP only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users