Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Barry Bonds Ties Record

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:27 AM

Well, Barry Bonds finally tied Hank Aaron's record and there's still time to break it. The question is do we celebrate this or condemn him for his "reported" use of steroids. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:52 AM

I reckon we should 'condemn' him. The glory should stay with Hank, seeing as he created the record fairly.

Also, having to use steroids just basically means he couldn't do it by himself, which is more of a reason i believe
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

I'm sorry. He's only broken himself, not any records.

Cal Ripken and that family are the ones to emulate.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:38 AM

I have to agree, this guy may have been able to accomplish this without the use of steroids, he is a talented player.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

While I don't follow baseball, mentioning Barry Bonds at our house will net a commentary from my brother about how he should be forced out of baseball...he can't stand Bonds, for the reasons you all have stated.

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

I understand, and usually ascribe to, the concept of "innocent until proven guilty".

However, in this case, we should remember that Barry Bond's previous trainer is in jail for selling steroids.

Barry Bonds' trainer pulling for slugger. (Lot's more Google hits if you are interested.)

It isn't unreasonable to think that Greg Anderson wouldn't have provided steroids to Bonds during the time he was his trainer and was selling steroids to other people. Add to that the fact that part of the reason Anderson is in jail is because he won't testify either for or against whether he provided steroids to Bonds.

Just my observation.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

Ties record with a little help.

He broke no records he just needs a new record group started for the people who used steroids.

#8 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

Ties record with a little help

I'd have to say alot of help, my question is when will he "flip out" ('roid rage) and kill himself and or family or some unlucky baseball fan that just happens to p*ss him off by boo-ing at him ?
Steroids play a vital role in medicine (cancer treatments plus other) abuses should be delt with severely

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#9 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

Well, he broke the record last night. The guy who caught the ball had a bloody face. If it was me that caught it, I probably would've written cheater on it and thrown it back.

He was a good player prior to the steroids and there was talk that he might've been able to break the record if he hadn't taken steroids and that is all well and good, but he took them and for that, I do condemn him for it.

There is a bright side though, Alex Rodriguez will break that record before he retires.
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#10 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Beyond his alleged steroid use, Barry Bonds is guilty of the use of something that confers extraordinarily unfair mechanical advantage: the “armor” that he wears on his right elbow. Amid the press frenzy over Bonds’ unnatural bulk, the true role of the object on his right arm has simply gone unnoticed.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/ne...t_id=1003621797
Derfram
~~~~~~

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:57 PM

This is one of those controversies that will not go away, there will always be those that say that he should be recognized because of his alleged steroid use, and those who contend that the steroids only bulked him up and that his god given talent was what makes him special.

#12 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

He gets all the hits no matter if he was on steroids or not because we all know he can hit the home runs even without steroids he has done it before and still does. He didn't know he was taking a steroid.

#13 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

He didn't know he was taking a steroid.

Even if true, that would not be an acceptable excuse.

Having said that, at this point in time, I'm not aware of his being convicted of any violation that would taint or otherwise affect his activities in professional baseball.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#14 DanC1186

DanC1186

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

Well, Barry Bonds finally tied Hank Aaron's record and there's still time to break it. The question is do we celebrate this or condemn him for his "reported" use of steroids. :thumbsup:

"reported" . Bullcrap. This just doesnt seem natural

www.blackstate.com/images/barrybonds.jpg

#15 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:33 PM

You do know those pictures are like 13 years apart right? I mean, people have gone from slim to bulk...the pictures don't say anything.

(No I am not saying he didn't take any substances, merely pointing out that pictures don't say anything about the situation.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users