Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware? Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilstrange1

lilstrange1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

Everytime an image loads on ANY web page this icon appears. It happens with both Firefox and Netscape. I assume it is some sort of advertising spyware or something. I have run Spybot, Ad-Aware, Spyware Doctor, & Trend Micro Anti-Spy, but none of them have solved the problem. I have done everything I can think of. If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciated it.

Thank You!!
-jen

Posted Image

Edit: Auto Image Loading was checked. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Also, When I run Firefox in Safe Mode the annoying red diamond is gone...
i donno what this might mean.

Edited by lilstrange1, 04 August 2007 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

To me, it looks like auto loading of images is turned off.

for firefox, click Tools, Options, The content tab, and make sure the load images box is checked, click ok.

For Internet Explorer, Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet Connections, Internet options, click the advanced tab, scroll down to multimedia, check the show pictures , uncheck the show download placeholders, click apply, click ok.

Let us know the results.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users