Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bho In Mind Manager

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 bazac

bazac

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

HijackThis says that I have:

BHO: CmjBrowserHelperObject Object - {AC41D38F-B56D-40AD-94E0-B493D130C959} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll

Also a:

O9 - Extra button: Send to Mindjet MindManager - {531B9DC0-D8EE-4c76-A6EE-6C1E50569655} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll

Are these dangerous?

Are they necessary?

Can I get rid of it? How?

Thnx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bazac

bazac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:33 AM

May I know what EXACTLY the BHO and the “extra button” are doing in my computer?

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Those lines are most likely there because you have this software installed: http://www.iaresearch.com/store/Products/M...indManager6.htm

Not being familiar with the program, I have no idea how necessary it is or what it does. BHO's in general are plug-ins/add ons to Internet Explorer. All I can tell you is it isn't malicious and so can't recommend that it be removed. If you are running IE 7, you can go to Tools> Manage Addons and disable it from there to see if you miss its function. Otherwise, contact the vendor's support for information about it.

The button that is on IE's toolbar is there for your convenience. It is basically a registry setting, so doesn't take up any resources, so I wouldn't worry about it either.

If you have any more such questions about HJT lines, please post a new topic in the AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods forum. Please only use this HijackThis forum if you have good reason to believe you are infected and can't remove such infection by normal removal methods. Unlike the other forums at BC this is not a discussion forum, sorry.

If you do need help with malware removal, please start a new topic and post the entire log after going thru the prelinminary cleaning steps in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log. This topic is now closed.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users