Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Hangs At "completing Installation" On Install

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

Just for the record...Windows Vista Sucks.....Anyway I had installed XP using a slipstream with the Intel Matrix Storage driver on it and cleared the Vista Installation that came with my computer. After doing this i found that a lot of the drivers didnt work. So i tried reinstalling Vista and it constantly hangs on "Completing Installation". Any Ideas? I dont have a floppy so i will need to slipstream if i have to. :huh: :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Come on guys....wheres all the computer geniuses out there...i need your help!

Edited by Dr. Joe, 05 August 2007 - 07:12 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

Just for the record . . . Vista doesn't suck, rather it's the lack of compatible programs and drivers that does. As for your issue, the installation isn't completing because either something is wrong with the installation media, or something is wrong with the hardware. Are your Intel Matrix Storage drivers Vista compatible, and did you install them during the Vista installation?

Edited by usasma, 06 August 2007 - 05:53 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

Theres nothing wrong with the hardware cause its a new computer....and i dont think theres anything wrong with the media cause its the reinstallation CD that came with the computer. I really just dont know what to do. The driver i used , i used when i installed XP but now i want to reinstall vista but i tried slipstreaming the intel matrix storage driver that goes to vista into the cd and it still didnt work. Any ideas?

Edited by Dr. Joe, 06 August 2007 - 11:58 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

"Theres nothing wrong with the hardware cause its a new computer" - don't count on it, I've seen plenty of system dead out of the box.
As for the installation media, it only takes one spec of dust or one little scratch to render an essential file inaccessible.

That being said, I'd suspect your drivers since you state that it's the same driver that you used with XP. Go to Intel and get the appropriate Vista driver to support this.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users