Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grannieannie

grannieannie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

Hi everybody. I have just signed up on this forum, and just wanted to say hello. I'm from Lincolnshire in England, and am an unemployed secretary, who moved to the country for a change of lifestyle.

I've been using computers for years, but am only just learning how to repair them! My SIL builds computers, but as she lives a long way away, I thought it was time to start myself, as I can't afford to get others to do it for me.

I will be asking lots of seemingly stupid questions, so I hope you will all be patient with me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:08 AM

hi grannieannie
welcome to b.c
hope you enjoy the forums :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hi, grannieannie.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
How else are you going to learn, if you don't ask questions? :thumbsup:

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

:flowers: to B.C.! :thumbsup:

Demon Cleaner

#5 grannieannie

grannieannie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks, I'll be reading as much as I can over the next few weeks! I bought the Haynes Manual of Build Your Own Computer off Ebay and collected it today, as the seller only lives 9 miles from me. It looks good, and I look forward to learning much more about how these things work.

I'm usually very nervous about taking things apart because I worry about putting them back together wrong, but I have already changed the graphics card over in my main PC, and changed the hard drives in both my main PC, and the mini ATX that I'm using at the moment, so, onward and upward eh???

Will talk again very soon and let you know what I'm up to. Bye for now!!!

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Absolutely, and :thumbsup: to bleeping computer.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users