Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EZArmorLE.exe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 redd2

redd2

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

After posting a HJT log and following the instructions of the big "G" I loaded eTrust EZ Antivirus/Firewall. Now more problems,

Problem 1. It won't run and I cannot remove it from the Add/Remove sections. When I try to run it it get the message:

"WARNING: You MUST download & install latest virus signature files for youfr antivirus softwae before it will work, You have no protection until you install virus update."

Well I click the autodownload and the same message comes up. Went back to the web site and cannot find anything to help me.

Problem 2. Loaded Sybot S&D, try to run it I get the following:

"ERROR-Unable to execute file: c:\program files/Sybot Search & Destroy/Sybot SD.exe. Create Process Failed; code 5, access is denied."

Problem 3. Not really a problem I don't think but if I don't need them I'd like to get rid of them. I have the following file folders showing up and not sure what to do with them, says they are empty.
KPCMS
Config.msi
WuTemp

Running WinXP and have SP2 installed.
Thanks.
Redd2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

I loaded eTrust EZ Antivirus/Firewall. Now more problems,

Thats ZoneAlarm and EZTrust is a clone. And it might be your problem. See this thread where we talked about it before.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 redd2

redd2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

Will now attempt to get rid of any Zone Alarm and EZTrust. "I'll be back" she said in her best Terminator voice :thumbsup:
Redd2

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

Try replacing it with Sygate.
I had ZA, I've tried others, too.
Sygate works well with everything else I have or would recommend, including SP2 & any other updates.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

Uninstall anything that says EZTrust and go from there. MSI is likely your MotherBoard so thats ok. Go to Start>Programs>Settings>Control panel>Add/Remove programs and put a list here of what is in there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 redd2

redd2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

I have removed everything I could find that is associated with EZ Armor, when I tried to remove it from recycle I get a message "Cannot delete ConfEN.dll: access denied. make sure disk is not full, write protected and that file is not in use". Also tried downloading SpyBot (again) and it will not allow. Could using the Windows firewall be causing problem? This is what is listed in my add/remove.

Ad-Aware SE
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Intergrated Controller
Dell ResourceCD
eTrust EZ Armor (can't remove, won't let me)
IncrediMail
Intel® Extreme Graphics Driver
Java 2 Runtime
Kodak EasyShare
PhotoShow
QucikTime
RealArcade
SoundMax
USB Mass Storage Controller
Webshots
Windows SP Software Update
Windows XP SP2
Redd2

#7 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hey Redd, long time no see. :flowers:

Try this:
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.

If you see an icon in the system tray for the firewall, right click on it and choose disable.

Now go to Add/Remove and try to uninstall EZ Armor.While there also uninstall Windows SP Software Update unless it is something that you know you use. But I think this is leftover from the Beagle infection you had in your last log.

Courtesy of the uninstall of ZA that Leurgy linked you to, delete these files and folders. Please confirm that you were able to do this.

In the Windows Folder Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

Double Click the System32 Folder

Right Click the Zone Labs Folder or EZArmor or any folder that begins with EZ, click Delete, and choose Yes

Right Click the file Vsdatant.sys, click Delete, and choose Yes

Right Click the file VSUtil.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes

Right Click the file VSInit.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes

Go to the Control Panel and disable the Windows firewall.

Restart the computer.

Go back to Control Panel and enable the Windows Firewall.

Reboot.

Get online, and go straight to these sites and run at least two of these online virus scans. If one doesn't work, don't worry about it and just go to the next one.

TrendMicro's HouseCall
ActiveScan
BitDefender

Panda and Bit Defender will make logs. Copy and paste them here in your next reply.

Now try to install Sygate, but turn off the Windows Firewall first.

And your HJT log showed you weren't running an antivirus. What happened to Avast? Thought you were happy with it. Before you get back on the net install AVG, you've got to have some protection before you surf.
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Don't worry about installing Spybot right now. And I hope you've resisted the temptation to reinstall Smiley Central. :thumbsup: :inlove: You can do without it until you get straightened out, eh?

Sorry about hijacking your thread here Leurgy. Redd's an old friend of mine. :trumpet:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#8 redd2

redd2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

Thanks Papakid, will start on that now. I was up until 3am messing with this thing trying to get ZA removed, got up early and started aging. I'm really beat but I am going to try this before going to bed. If not I will start fresh tomorrow after work.

Again thanks, and I will be back.
Redd2

#9 redd2

redd2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

A few days later but I'm back. I just got running again on Tuesday night, actually it was more like 1 AM Wednesday morning.

In the middle of following Papakid's advice my computer did a complete freeze. Yes I had to do a re-install.........again. That's 2 times in about 2 weeks. Seems the company rep that was instructing me the 1st time took a few shortcuts and what I did was NOT a complete clean reinstall, just loaded over the problem so problem never went away. 2nd time the person had me wipe the hard drive, delete all partitions and start from there. I installed Norton, Spybot and Ad-AwareSE, have been running them 1st thing when I turn on computer. Here's hoping it doesn't have to be done again.

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry I took so long in letting you know what happened.

redd2
Redd2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users