Dr Web Cure It should kill this dialer, please follow the directions exactly.
Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions
or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.
Please download DrWeb-CureIt
& save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with DrWeb-CureIt
- Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear.
- Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start. This is a short scan that will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
- Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
- Choose the "Scan tab" and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis"
- Back at the main window, click "Select drives" (a red dot will show which drives have been chosen)
- Then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) and the scan will start.
- When done, a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
- Click "Yes to all" if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
- When the scan has finished, look if you can see the icon next to the files found. If so, click it, then click the next icon right below and select "Move incurable".
(This will move it to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if it can't be cured)
- Next, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
We await your reply.
Thank You OF
Edited by oldf@rt, 03 August 2007 - 09:56 PM.