Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Download Java

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

hi
when i try to download java i get a message that says that i have to download tha active x contro(i think that is what it is called) after i download that i am allowed to continue. after i click install i get a meassage that looks something like this-

java setup
internal error 2755
C:\documents and settin data sun java....

my question is how do i download java?

thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

Do you already have a version of Java on your computer?
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

the pop up window says i need java run time enviornment 5.0 or above. so i dont think i do...

thank you for the reply

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:51 PM

What OS do you have?
Open control panel and if you have Java you should see a "coffee cup" icon. If you see that, click on it and select update tab then select update now.

If you don't see the icon in the control panel, look in your add/remove program for Java. You may have one or more listed. When you do get the latest Java, remove all old versions thru the Add/ Remove program.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

What OS do you have?
Open control panel and if you have Java you should see a "coffee cup" icon. If you see that, click on it and select update tab then select update now.

If you don't see the icon in the control panel, look in your add/remove program for Java. You may have one or more listed. When you do get the latest Java, remove all old versions thru the Add/ Remove program.

i have xp. when i try to do update java i get a sign that says "java error" and then under it are a bunch of numbers.....

now what do you guys think?

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

Well, What did you find? Do you have Java? Is it in the Add/Remove list?

Sounds like it could be a bad download. Maybe.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

i have something called java 2 run time enviornment SEv1.42_03.

i have been to the java site and trie down loading the thing a few times. then i tried it with ff and now i have this thing on my desk top. its a java mug with letters and numbers under it. when i click on it it starts the instalation process again and
then this message come up again-

java setup
internal error 2755
C:\documents and settin data sun java....

thank you for all of the help

Edited by sharpie, 03 August 2007 - 11:00 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

My suggestion is to remove ALL Java programs. This could be a problem with the recent downloading of Java and bad installs. Windows has an Uninstall Cleanup Utility that you can use. First uninstall thru the Add/Remove program. Then use the Utility.
You can also check your program files and remove the Java .exe program(s) that you have downloaded. Here is a link describing what the utility does and a download link for the utility.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

It may help to cleanup all the temporary files, caches, logs, cookies, etc. before downloading the Java program. Use Ccleaner.
Remove temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. by using Ccleaner. Do not use "Advanced Settings" or the "Issues" button. Use only the default settings. http://www.ccleaner.com/

After removing all old Java, start in the link below to get the Java 6 update 2 offline installer for Windows.
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html

Edited by buddy215, 04 August 2007 - 07:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users