Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Outlookexpress

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swtexas70

swtexas70

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

I have recently installed sbcglobal dsl on my computer. I do not like using yahoo mail, so I am using Outlook Express. It worked okay for a while, but the tech from microsoft had me change setting to get it to work. Now it will not work on the desktop or the notebook.

Any suggestions!

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Hi swtexas70,

Can you be more specific about what isn't working in Outlook Express and which settings were changed?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 swtexas70

swtexas70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

The individual from Outlook Express had me change the settings in the accounts section of outlook. We then deleted the two accounts, one for the desktop and one for the laptop, and then added new ones to the account. First, a pop box would appear and ask for a user id and the password, both of which were in the box. When they were re-entered and the okay way clicked, it would appear again. Now, that issues seems to be addressed. The next situation happened when the "send/receive" was clicked. Then a box would eventually appear saying that the POP3 server had timed out and what did I want to do. Now, even that does not appear. When going to Yahoo, which is also supposed to be handling my mail in the background for me to be able to read while on the road, it is not appearing there.

If this was happening only on one of the computers, it would indicated to me that something was wrong with the program. However, since both of the computers are doing the same thing, I really believe that the guy from Outlook had me do something completely wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Go through the instructions for How to Configure Outlook Express and check that your settings are correct.

Here's a good guide on how to use Outlook Express: Get E-mail and News with Outlook Express
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users