Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Filter Driver Pxhelp20 Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ayan_Rome

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

I was normally useing the Norton Systemworks to clean my HD and suddenly there was a shutdown.

Then Elby Check started to tell me that I had the Filter PXHelp20 curropted and should delete it. OK. Then it told me that I must reinstall it or my CD DVCD Drivers will be like not existing. True. The CD DVD Drive is not listed in Recources.

I have Windows XP.

I tried to reinstall the BIOS and also search for the NEW HARDWARE but nothing. Just can't get it to be found.

Please explain step by step. Thanks !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

Is the Optical drive listed in your device manager?

To find out click start, right click MyComputer, click Properties, System Properties window will pop up. Click the hardware tab, click the device manager button.

Click the + next to DVD/CD drives, this should show your actual drive.

If the drive shows up,

Highlight the drive, right click and then click uninstall.

once the drive has uninstalled, restart your machine, and see if your drive has returned.

Post your results, please.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users