Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installed Master Hd & No Response

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ROZCKA

ROZCKA

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

:flowers: Hi here's hoping someone cn help me......i have 2 hard drives on my pc and the master drive is 6gb and the slave is 40gb. so i changed them around but could'nt figure out how to install windows. Anyway i changed them back to their original bays and reset the jumpers on the master drive. The problem now is when i connect the pc to the mains it switches itself on but does'nt boot up or show anything on the moniter. Usually it switches on and waits for me to press the switch to boot up but now it switches on as soon as i plug the mains in. Has anyone any ideas as to whats happening here? as i need to get this up and running as it's promised to someone else ( i've just treated myself to a new pc :thumbsup: ).
Please help if you can and thanks for any advice guys...ROZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:49 AM

Hello,

Have you checked to see if all the components are seated correctly? also, try booting with just the 6GB hard drive on its own, also check the label on the front of the drive, it should have a diagram on how the jumpers should be set.

When you boot the pc, can you enter the BIOS? there could be conflicting settings.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 02:50 AM

As far as i know i've reinstalled the hard drives exactly as they were and no i can't get into the BIOS there's nothing comes up onthe moniter and the tower turns on as soon as i plug the mains in. Could i have placed the jumpers wrongly?? would this account for it? thanks for getting back to me so quickly by the way, any help is greatly appreciated...ROZ

#4 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

:thumbsup: Just to say that the jumpers were on the wrong way and this was the problem...ROZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users