Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: I Think My Comp Is Invected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 r1ckst4

r1ckst4

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi there, for the past few days AVG antivirus has come up with warning pop ups every now and then about this so called Worm/Delf.AJQ

i've been looking for it on the net and even on grisoft's virus encyclopedia and there's no such virus. I don't know whether this is an error with avg itself or if i am actually invected with this virus...

one thing i'm sure of is that these are .exe copy files of the already existing/original .exe so for example there is AVG.exe with a proper avg icon... and in that same folder there is an AVG.exe.exe (yes, 2 exe's) with a blank windiw icon... and as soon as i heal one.. there's always another from a different .exe file.. it's pretty annoying.

Posted Image

i've googled this virus and it didn't come up with anything so i'm lost... please help coz i'm quite concerned.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

I would run some other scanners, such as Dr Web Cure It, Avast or F Secure's online scanner.

Please let us know what you find.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

Did you try clicking Move to Vault with this threat?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 r1ckst4

r1ckst4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:01 AM

I would run some other scanners, such as Dr Web Cure It, Avast or F Secure's online scanner.

Please let us know what you find.

hi there oldf@rt :flowers: yeah i tried both web cure it and avast and found nothing....

@tmack: yeah i have tried moving them to vault and yes they were moved but they just keep turning up! :thumbsup:

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

Download and install Spyware Doctor and run a scan.

If that doesn't solve the problem please Post a HijackThis Log in the in the Hijack and Analysis Forum by following the directions in this link; Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .
Please do not post the log in this forum.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users