Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

messenger signing me out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 halmaughan

halmaughan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:38 AM

hello i'm new to this site but would really appreciate any advice/guidance/solutions if anybody has them. Recently my msn messenger has taken to signing me out after just a few minutes online. Its obviously really frustrating, but what makes it more so and more confusing consists of two things:

1. i'm still connected to the internet

2. i don't know immediately that i've been signed out, i'll be typing away and eventually realise i'm not getting a response, hence all my conversations are punctuated with feeble cries of: "still there?????"

its sooo annoying, i have no idea why its suddenly started to do this to me, feels like a conspiracy... :thumbsup:

anyway, if anyone knows a solution i'd be grateful for some help,

hal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:13 AM

Hi halmaughan and welcome to BC

Still there????? :thumbsup:

What is your operating system?

If you can open a Dos box the next time it happens ping somebody. That will let you know if its a MSN problem or an internet problem and you can narrow it down from there.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 halmaughan

halmaughan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 09:24 AM

hello leurgy,

um...what is a dos box??? i'm pretty clueless to be honest, also pinging somebody? sounds like something you do to your mates in the showers after football with a wet towel...

i'd be grateful if you could expand on those points, cos still having the problem and its getting moreand more frequuent, like every 2 mins sometimes

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 10:48 AM

What is your operating system?

When MSN signs you out go to Start>Run and type in cmd or command, depending on your OS. Then type in ping www.yahoo.com and that way you will know if you are still connected to the internet.

I don't see anything in msn to cause that. Maybe try deleting your cookie and setting a new one.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users