Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:40 PM
A friend asked me to look at her computer, she is trying to install a disney game (Emperor's New Groove) after it's installed and you click on it to play an error message comes up "cannot directdraw", this is an unfamiliar territory for me but this is what I've tried to do so far.
1. updated direct x to latest edition 9
2. uninstalled and reinstalled game
3. ran direct x diagnostics (which states no problem, but does say video card has a generic driver installed)
4. tried to install new driver for card, manufacturer is Matrox but I can't find any other information on the card about it's model, and it looks like you have to be a member to access their downloads.
5. Another site said to uninstall ddraw.dll and reinstall direct x, but when I do that direct x doesn't reinstall the ddraw.dll files, then I couldn't find anywhere that I could just download the ddraw files so I had to use system restore to get those files back.
Another site said if the version of direct x and the version of ddraw.dll is not the same it won't run, which looks like it maybe the case. But I don't know how to fix that.
Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know of a solution?