Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Open Volume For Direct Acces(chkdsk Error)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Snake42490

Snake42490

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys im new here so.. this will be my saying hi haha.. anyway yesterday i did a partition of the c drive and split it in half so i could install vista on the second half. it end up being 50 gigs each partition. now the funny thing is partition worked perfect there were no files on the second half of it. but now when i try to run chkdsk it says the drive is locked or something. ill reboot and tell you the exact. all the files are there i think my computer is trying to look beyond the 50 gig point but its not there.. im really not sure. the computer is working fine the only thing that wont work is the scandisk or defrag. the only problem this is on is the C portion. the D works fine. ive been trying all kinds of scans.. so fire any ideas that you have... im listening! thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users