Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Activex Object 2.07 And The Trojans

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 billebob

billebob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hi this is my first post. I downloaded Video Activex Object 2.07 by mistake the other day. It had installed a bunch of programs onto my computer. Keprsky the anti buris program i use found a virus or 2 and deleted it but there were about 16 of the same virus so im not sure if it got them all. I have windows vista.

PLS help THX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
Let us know the results please.

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

Hi billebob
Firstly... have you checked to see if this program can be uninstalled from the 'add or remove' yet?
As you are using 'Vista'.....
Click start.........Control Panel.......... Then under Programs, click uninstall a program
Look to see if Video Activex Object 2.07 is in the list..... if it is, Click on the name, you should now be given to option to uninstall it.
Now after you have tried that.....

Normally i'd use 'SmitfraudFix' to clean this, but as this is not yet recommended for Vista.... we'll try something else.

Download RogueRemover
Unzip the file, and run the installer.
Start the program and select Scan and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
See if this helps.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users