Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Download Plug-ins

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spookyfish

spookyfish

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

Hello all, I've been having trouble installing Shockwave and Flash for my computer. When I click install, nothing at all happens, not even a status or error pop-up or anything. I've tried restarting my computer, but other than that I have no idea what to do. Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Kelly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

Windows XP Service Pack 2? If so please click Here And scroll down to Help to Protect Your PC from Potentially Harmful Downloads

Edited by Bear, 29 January 2005 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 spookyfish

spookyfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:08 AM

Thanks for the link, Bear. When I click install from the website, the little bar appears up top, and so I click it and tell it to install. Then a pop-up will come up (Install or Don't Install), I click install, but still nothing happens.

#4 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

Hi spookyfish. :thumbsup: There could be many reasons why you're unable to install Shockwave and Flash..
Did you check your browser security settings? Are "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" enabled?
You'll want to read their troubleshooting section here To d/l Macromedia Flash/Shockwave Player go here
Hope that'll help.. :flowers:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#5 spookyfish

spookyfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:20 PM

Thanks guys, but I'm still not having any luck. I checked my ActiveX controls and everything seemed all right, and I read through the Troubleshooting pages from Flash. However, now when I go to a site that requires Shockwave or Flash, I get a pop-up saying "A script is accessing some software (an ActiveX control) on this page which has been marked safe for scripting. Do you want to allow this?" and I click Yes but still nothing happens. Should I try completely removing any older versions of such plug-ins from my computer and then try again? It's been so long since I've been able to play my Daily Jigsaw from Shockwave :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users