Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible False Negative?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 athelos

athelos

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

Hi its been a while since i was on this part of the forum.

I was doing a pandascan a while ago. I wasnt expecting much on it. Preparing myself for just a few spyware maybe as it had been a while since i last scanned my computer. After a while however it picked up these 2 files as suspicious:

C:\documents and settings\ben\my documents\ati updates\dcprosetup_15.zip[dcprosetup.exe][DCleaner.exe]
C:\documents and settings\ben\my documents\DCProsetup_15\DCProSetup.exe[DCleaner.exe]

Now i thought that these were legit files? Could it be a mistake on pandas behalf or should i look into it more? What are your opinons on the matter?

P.S. Thats twice now my internets konked out while on BC.... Sound supcious? Should i go into safe mode and try a few tests?

Edited by athelos, 31 July 2007 - 03:00 PM.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

Use the program in the link below to remove the malware.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

Description of malware:
http://spywarefiles.prevx.com/RRIHGJ294489/DCLEANER.EXE.html

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

weird because i have prevex already installed and its giving me the green status... Ill still run the programme you gave me though. thanks ^.^
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.
--Charles Schultz

#4 athelos

athelos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

Ok sorry for bothering people. Just had words with my dad and apparently it was installed when i was having problems with my graphics card. Apparently its harmless (fingers crossed) and hes told me that if its really bugging me (which it is) to just remove it useing add/remove. Thanks for the help buddy :thumbsup:

A quick question though. That link, the rouge remover. Is that a programme just for removing stuff that pretends to be legitimate programmes or is it any type of maleware. thanks again :flowers:
--Charles Schultz

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

I think the program lists 300+ rogue programs that it will remove. A lot of rogue programs are installed voluntarily and they may have an uninstaller that actually works. Rogues generally make false claims, come with adware/spyware without letting the user know and a lot of times cause a lot of damage.
I would remove it since everything I saw Googling said it was an undesireable program.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

If you click this link...............
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover_d...ase_history.php
then scroll through it, it will tell you what RogueRemover will remove from your pc.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users