Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My System Restore Will Not Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cassa

cassa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

Each time I try to restore my computer to an earlier time it does not work. I click on a restore date and it goes through all the usual, collecting data etc, closes down and restarts but then it tells me that it could not restore back to this date and and that no changes have been made. I have tried to restore on so many restore dates now but still get the same outcome. Is their anyone who can help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

More often than not, you probably picked up a bug. See here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...6.html#problems
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 31 July 2007 - 04:07 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer cassa

You can also try disabling your anti-virus program before running system restore.

At this point I suspect that there may be a corrupt restore point.
I would suggest reinstalling System Restore. The down side is all restore points will be deleted.
It doesn't matter because they won't work anyway.

How to Reinstall System Restore in Windows XP
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 BOB FARRELL

BOB FARRELL

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:40 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer cassa

You can also try disabling your anti-virus program before running system restore.

At this point I suspect that there may be a corrupt restore point.
I would suggest reinstalling System Restore. The down side is all restore points will be deleted.
It doesn't matter because they won't work anyway.

How to Reinstall System Restore in Windows XP

I totally agree with TMack but before reinstalling SR I would disable anti-virus and then try running SR. I had the same problem (Norton Anti-Virus) and shut down Norton and SR worked fine. MHO.
Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users