Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ldcore.dll In System32 Folder?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baloney

baloney

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hello all. I'm at a loss as to what to do here. I've never had a problem visiting these myspace pages before, but today, for some reason, pop-ups started...popping up. There is now a error window that says "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line:10 Error: Object expected". Any help or advice on the next step would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:51 PM

Two things, 1st. MySpace is not a safe place, they have become a location for scumware and drive by downloads.

2nd: lets try to clean the temporary files inside internet exploder:

click start, control panel, Network and Internet Connections, Internet Options. Under the general tab, click the delete files and delete cookies button. when it asks if you want to delete offline content, click ok then click the OK button and let us know how everything is running.

Edited by oldf@rt, 31 July 2007 - 12:52 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 baloney

baloney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hi there, thanks for your response. Yeah, I don't visit myspace too often and now I will do my best to avoid it at all costs. I have deleted the files and cookies, but when the computer booted I got a WinAntiSpyware Alert for "trojan-downloader-yankdream". Is that part of the ldcore problem or a separate one? This is maddening!!

ETA: Damn! I just tried to restart the computer and I got a dreaded blue screen. I'm not sure what to do now. The very bottom says "STOP: 0x000000c5(ox77875864, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8055096D)" and "Beginning dump of physical memory...". That doesn't seem promising.

Edited by baloney, 31 July 2007 - 01:11 PM.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

That is a ripoff your machine is probably pretty clean.

try to download and run Rogue Remover Free. Install and update the program, scan and then follow the on screen instructions to let it remove anything that it finds. Once you have done that, post back here.

Edited by oldf@rt, 31 July 2007 - 01:17 PM.

#5 baloney

baloney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

I can't seem to boot up the computer without that blue screen popping up. The next time I try to turn on the computer, I have to be in Safe Mode, otherwise it will not go to the windows screen. But once I am in Safe mode, I can't seem to connect to the internet therefore am unable to download the program! It's a vicious cycle.

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

when you start, use safe mode with networking. it should be the next option in the text list. you can also download the file on a different computer and use a flash drive to transfer the installer, and then you should be able to update if you can run in safe mode with networking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users