Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Drivers Missing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:01 AM

I just reinstalled XP but i dont seem to get any sound. i looked in device manager and found that a Multimedia audio controller doesent have a driver. idont know where to get one. Does anyone know how to get a driveer or what driver to get for it?

Thanks
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:10 AM

We need more information. Are your computer custom made or branded? DELL ?

Take a look at Unknown Device Identifier - Identify unknown devices not recognized by Windows in your system especially after you reinstall your system and cannot figure out what all those yellow question mark labeled devices really are.

#3 Cyb3r_Ninj@

Cyb3r_Ninj@

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:26 PM

If you have a drivers and utilities CD-ROM that was provided with your computer, that's the best place to check.

If you do not have the drivers and utilities CD-ROM, check the machine manufacturer's website for your make/model of machine. Dell's website is great because it can be broken down by service tag or can even do an online scan of your machine's hardware profile.

From the manufacturer's website, i'd go ahead and copy all the drivers for hardware that is installed on your machine, drop them into a common folder. Make yourself a drivers and utilities CD-ROM for backup purposes.
Bill Gates recognizes the skills... so i suggest you start there and recognize them too...
:: digital.ronin ::

| MCP - ID 5646435, other certifications pending... |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users