Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Running Slow After Burn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arthur5221

arthur5221

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:24 AM

Okay this has completely blown me away. I have no idea what to do or what could possibly be wrong. My problem is as follows. I turned my computer on and it was running perfectly fine. I then think "hmm i havent backed up alot of my important files in a while i think i will do so." So i did.. i burned a dvd with all my important programs and arts i have made myself. Then after the dvd was done burning my pc was running extremely slow. So i decided to do a reboot thinking it would possibly fix the problem. To my suprise it did absolutely nothing. The pc took about 5-10 minutes at the load screen for windows. I have done disk clean up, virus checks , spyware checks, defraged and even did a error checker. Nothing has come up anywhere. Anything you guys could direct me to try i would highly appriciate it. Thanks alot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

Have you tried running a last known good configuration?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 arthur5221

arthur5221
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

I have not done what you mentioned. I was really unsure about doing it because i have had hdd problems in the past and i had a tech help me out with it. He had to change a bunch of settings in the BIOS and if this could somehow change them back to what they were before he fixed it i dont know what i would do. The way he described what was going on was that the pc was telling the hdd to write information wierd. This would result in confusing the hard drive and eventually crashing it and made it useless. The only fix would be to reformat and install windows again. When the hdd would do this there would be wierd scratching and clicking sounds made by the hdd. This problem I am having currently is different than the problem i was having before. This time there are no noises. Also last time the pc would crash then the problem would occur. I dont understand how burning a disk could somehow screw up my hdd. I really dont beleive it is the RAM cause once i get something like the internet browser open it is fine. Sites do not load slow or anything. It is just when i try to load something off my hard drive. For example I would try to play Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas and it for one would take forever to even load the game up. Then it would take a few minutes to load my save file. After it loaded up I would try to go out onto the streets to continue my game and it would load and load and load then finally just freeze. Anyway all this was just to explain my problem more. Any help provided is highly appreciated. Thanks

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:44 AM

I wonder what caused you to do a backup as such an opportune time? If the hard drive is making scratching and clicking noises, that's a symptom that something just ain't right inside of it. Try downloading a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive and running it to test the drive.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users