Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected But Don't Know How To Remove - Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Celestial

Celestial

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 12:17 AM

Hi, I think I've been infected with spyware.cyberlog-x and I don't know how to get rid of it. I've tried a few different removers but nothing has worked. I'm also new to using a computer in more ways than email and word so would appreciate any help anyone can help me with. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:12 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer Celestial.

This is also known as Spyware.CyberLog-X, Trojan-Spy.win32@mx, VirusBurst.

Please follow the instructions for How to Remove Virusburst..
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

The program in the link below removes Virus Burst. It might be simpler for you to use.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Celestial

Celestial
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

Thank you so much. The Rogue Remover worked great! No more pop up security messages - what a relief!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

If the problem is resolved, then you should Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system if you use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recent Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Virus Burst is often accompanied with other malware. To insure you are clean and reduce the chance of reinfection you should follow up with scans using the programs below.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users