Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C++ Programming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AlmerM

AlmerM

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'm currently learning C++ and I'm just wondering what else of a language I need to know in order to make a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG Game for the PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

I don't want/like to shoot anyone down, but how long have you been learning C++, if you're new to C++ you should wait on programming huge undertakings like an MMORPG. If you're interested in game programming check for books on it on Ebay, amazon, you're library, or a local bookstore.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#3 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Don't jump into making a game that will require a lot of coding when you don't even know how to code yet. To make a game that would require a lot of coding you are going to need experience. Get involved in the modding community, I know thats what you probably didn't want to hear, you just want to make your game, but no matter what, you will need experience and people who will be working with you on the MMORPG, modelers, actors, whatever don't want to be waiting around for you to finish your job. Since you are trying to make a RPG get invovled with a mod that is making a RPG and learn from the main coder on the team so you can enhance your coding skills. Make sure that you write all your ideas for your game on paper or your computer so you don't forget your ideas.

EDIT: To your actual question, no you shouldn't have to learn another coding language to make your game.

Edited by Fremder, 31 July 2007 - 10:18 AM.

You will not like me if I'm angry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users