Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes At Welcome.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David111

David111

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

My computer is freezing for almost 30 seconds everytime at the start-up where it says "welcome".

After about 30 seconds, it goes to the desktop screen but all I could see is the backround. It freezes like that for 30 seconds again and finally the desktop icons pop out.

It takes me about 4 ~ 5 minutes just to start my computer.

I thought they're were too much programs at the start-up so I unchecked some programs that would startup at the start-up.

But it still keeps on freezing at the "welcome" screen and after that the desktop backround screen.
Any suggestions? Thank you!

Edited by David111, 30 July 2007 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

Well, it could be a number of things not limited to system/program/driver/antivirus conflicts and of course malware.

I would suggest posting a HijackThis log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum with a description of your problem.

#3 S.Brad

S.Brad

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:21 PM

Did you tried Registry Mechanic? It's really useful. I used to slower my shutdown time from 2-3 minutes to 5-10 secs.
Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users