Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garyalaska

garyalaska

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around enjoying reading the posts, great informative site. my appreciation to evryone involved. Am using a dual boot , Linux (Mandrake 10.1) and Win 98SE. Have been trying different distributions of Linux, just to learn about it. So I will be doing some posting from time to time, perhaps I'll have something to contribute in the future. Thanks Gary :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

I will be looking forward to reading your posts, garyalaska
I'm planning on weaning my PC use off exclusive windows dependence this year.

Just to learn, as you say. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 03:00 PM

Welcome to BC!
I am sure your experiences with installing Linux will enable you to help others just beginning with it, especially discussions about which distributions are best to start with.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users