Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What Do You Do For Fun?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:14 PM

Even if it's not related to computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

I love to golf, even if it is a funny sight.... :thumbsup:

I use to fish, but we moved away from the mountains and I'm just not interested anymore.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

must say my favourite thing to do at the moment is wine tasting.although i do enjoy the occasional game of golf and like to play poker most of my spare time is spent online t the moment though :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

It is no accident that I live one mile from one river and five miles from another and have a lake one mile away as well, yep...I like spaghetti. :thumbsup: Sorry I couldn't help myself. :flowers: Yes I enjoy fishing, trolling on the lake and fly fishing on the rivers.

I also like watching movies, the reception where I live makes watching TV an iffy proposition.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

Woodworking and grandkids
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Spoiling the grandkids!, which is my mission in life.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

don't spoil them to much oldf@rt
my parents and there new wives and hubands plus my in-laws spoil my daughter so much you cannot get into my house or garden for toys,its like toys r us in my house :thumbsup:

i mean my mother went out and spent almost two thousand pound on a swiss chalet for my daughter to go in the garden and she also bought her a miniature harley davidson electric bike plus a bright pink electric quad bike and it was not even christmas or her birthday.god nows what we will have this year for christmas :flowers:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

I just enjoy fomenting the granddaughters pink phase, imagine four granddaughters, all love pink, but I can not affordi mean wont afford duplicate items when they come over!.

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

my parents and there new wives and hubands plus my in-laws spoil my daughter so much you cannot get into my house or garden for toys,its like toys r us in my house :thumbsup:

i mean my mother went out and spent almost two thousand pound on a swiss chalet for my daughter to go in the garden and she also bought her a miniature harley davidson electric bike plus a bright pink electric quad bike and it was not even christmas or her birthday.god nows what we will have this year for christmas :flowers:

And your point is...???
That's our job
:trumpet:
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#10 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:54 PM

And your point is...???
That's our job
:trumpet:

point is take your childrens feelings into consideration ,i now have to move to a bigger house to accomadate grandparents gifts,who does that cost , me ,or your sons or daughters i wish i was consulted on bigger gifts is what i am trying to say and i am not joking about having to move and i have told them all no more big gifts .do they listen ?no because as you say its your job,but its not your job to deal with the aftermath :inlove:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

I will concede that people can get carried away. A lot of the stuff bought for our kids stay at grandma's and grandpa's house, so if it gets too crowded we've only ourselves to blame
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#12 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

I used to hold frequent garage sales or yard sales when I was the parent -- then the grandparents slowed down.

#13 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:46 PM

I'm a GF also and spoil my Daughter and my GD as well.

Back to the original Topic.

I often take a pistol to a range and attempt to punch holes in paper within a 4 inch circle at 25 meters. (Yes - meters)

Before that I used to help blow up things, people, places, and countries. (Did I say that out loud?)

I love to go fishing - don't have all the opportunities I used to have though.

I love to spook people too!

I used to work a big garden just for the fun and exercise. Gave away most of the product.

Too many other items come to mind as hobbies also... I won't bore you all any longer.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#14 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:34 AM

For those who like to golf, HERE is a short video of a bad golf lesson... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#15 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I am a sports guy i love to play sports and swim :thumbsup: *Can't get enough of Golf*

I also like Ridin' my motorcycle and work on my car :flowers: *And that's all i have time for in a week >.<*

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users