Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bitdefender 8

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PheasantPlucker

PheasantPlucker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:10 AM

I had a trojan that came and loaded itself in my main system... it was stopped from DOING anything but I could not remove it. So I did what any half competent geek would do and googled for a solution... found a reference to this bug in a forum and a suggestion as to where to go to get the bug killer.

BitDefender 8 was the solution...

This was 36 hours ago and I have now got to the point where I can get back online. I have lost all my emails in Thunderbird, all my documents, all my photos... in point of fact, everything that was on my C:.. drive...

BitDefender 8 was the culprit...

It destroyed all the registry settings, disabled windows explorer... basically killed my computer in such a way that I could not even rescue any files before having to re-install my OS.

BitDefender 8 was the DISEASE...

So, if you are considering using BitDefender of ANY number... DON'T!!!!!

I contacted the company but have had no response.

Browsing aroud, I see that there are more people who have issues withB*D*... I amd sticking with ZA from now on... at least I know it stops most incoming and 100% of outgoing nasties (so far)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users