Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Light Scribe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lethie

Lethie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:02 AM

Hi,

OK I Have a problem...I bought my HP Media Addition computer in Sept of 05, it came with Lightscribe...I never had to use the program until now, and so I went to look for it and I don't have it...My computer DVD drive as the lightscribe logo AND it was advertised as coming with it built in, but it is NO WHERE to be found...I did a diagnostic on the computer and it came up empty...SO my question is was this something I had to download to complete my computer or was it indeed supposed to come with it already built in? If I need to download anything where should I go? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

The lightscribe is built into the labeling portion of the dvd/cd burning program. just design a label, and when you go to print it, you would select the light scribe feature.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:32 AM

The lightscribe is built into the labeling portion of the dvd/cd burning program. just design a label, and when you go to print it, you would select the light scribe feature.

He's right, but if you need more info go to HERE it's the lightscribe homepage and they have a FAQ section. That's where I found out most of what I needed to know when I first bought mine. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 Lethie

Lethie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:20 AM

Thanx...I am at that site...the problem is my computer is telling me there is no lightscribe drive, which is odd because my computer came with one

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

What should happen is when you are done designing a label, you click file, print and then you should see the dvd drive as an option to print to. :thumbsup:

edit:
You will need a program for writing to the disk, go HERE
and download "Surething 5" under the software paragraph. That is a program you can design and print with.
Sorry I didn't think of that sooner... :flowers:

Edited by Wildabeast, 29 July 2007 - 09:24 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users