Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Or Worm Infection I Cannot Remove

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tino_ma

tino_ma

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

my computer has been infected by a local usb drive. after plugging it my task manager was disabled and my homepage was changed. my home page keeps on going to this site http://blogtq.blogspot.com/. in that site a person apologizes and gives a link that can remove the site. luckily i read the comments before downloading and i saw a lot of people cursing the person bacause the download wasn't really a cure but even caused the system to crash. so i asked a lot of poeple and they told me to use online scan but nothing was able to detect it. i downloaded some antivirus etc like windows defender, avg, prevX 2.0 which detected nothing except for prevx that detected some trojans but my task manager was still disabled and my homepage was still unchanged. i tried some online scanner from symantec and panda but there was still nohting. symantec located a generic worm or something but was not able to cure it.
i don't know why no one has still created an antidote for this, maybe bacause the creator of the virus blogtq.blogspot.com/ is local in the philippines and the ones infected are only pilipinos and it only transfer by local usb drives, so i guess it has not reached antivirus companies like symantec.
please help me ihave tried everything but i still cannot remove this watever it is...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

The best thing for you would be to start with the preparation guide for posting a hijack this log.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users