Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Transfer Gmail To A Folder On C:\

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 captgnvr

captgnvr

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:12 PM

DEAR ALL
Is there a way to transfer say about 100 odd emails from gmail to C: drive?? without using Outlook Express.
Can anyone suggest?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

Hi captgnvr,

This article by PC World Learn to use Gmail's features to their fullest potential contains a couple of interesting links, namely Gmail Drive and Gmail Space.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:47 AM

D/TMACK
Thnks. Went thro all the details in the link. For a while I felt that I got exactly what I was looking for but not so.

1. I downloaded 'gmail drive'. When I click on the 'gmail drive', I enter the email and password and get the following erros:

a) system error message
login failure. unknown user name or bad password.
When I click ok I get
""gmailfs was unable to open the volume and enumerate the files.
verify connection to internet an gmail.

Did a bit of study and feel it may not work on win2000 as I found that this is for only windows xp?? is it??

2. Then tried the second source the 'gspace'. downloaded and unable to figure out how to transfer from gmail to gspace.

When I go on the add-in, I see this 'gspace' and clcik on options and unable to figure out what to enter in the last option

file path of first *_gs file ?? what path do I have to enter in this field so that some split mails can be downloaded.

Once agian thnks ur time and pls adv.

brgds/captgnvr

#4 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:04 AM

D/TMACK
I figured out how to use gspace. It is ok to know about this but the main need was to transfer all gmail to my my thumb drive or to c drive. I think for this 'gmail drive' suits the best which I got from the link. Unfortunately it does not work for me bcos I am using windows 2000. Pls ur expertise---

#5 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:20 AM

Sorry a quick info. I found where to click to use 'gspace' . Last 15 mints it is still showing 'retrieving files' when I logged into gmail by clicking on 'inbox' button provided in gspace. Anyhow I intend leaving it for another one hour or so and wl give u the feedback. In the meantime if u can see why the 'gmaildrive' was not succsfl it will be nice.

#6 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

LATEST NOON GMT: for the 'gmail drive' I found newer version by name gmailfs111.zip. Downloaded, extracted it into another folder, ran the exe and restarted the comp. All those errors are gone. Now I am able to send files from 'gmail drive' on c:drive to my email. Now figuring out how to get the mails rcvd in inbox to be seen in 'gmail drive' as cannot see emails that are in inbox into gmail drive.

#7 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

THATS IT. I got both the 'gmail drive' and 'gspace' figured out and works fine only to send files from c drive to gmail. There is no way to see the inbox in gmail drive or gspace.

So TMACK can u sugest any way of transferring the 100 odd mails for example from the gmail inbox to the c: drive??

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Appears Gmail offers The Ubiquitous 'Y' Key for it's answer to archiving.

You may have to copy the emails individually captgnvr.
I've limited experience with Gmail but this works with other email clients.

Create a new Folder in My Documents.
In Gmail right click on each message, click Save, then navigate to the new folder.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 captgnvr

captgnvr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

D/TMACK

There is no such provision in gmail. If right click it has only save page as option and that means the whole html file with folders and the paraphernalia will be saved.

D/TMACK

There is no such provision in gmail. If right click it has only save page as option and that means the whole html file with folders and the paraphernalia will be saved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users