Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access website due to pop-ups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drewcpappas

drewcpappas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

Hello I am trying to access a website that uses pop-ups. I get into the website with no problem. When I go to the sign-up page it will not allow me to see the pop-ups (which I need to navigate thru the website). I am told to turn off my pop-up blocker (which I have). I have gone into internet options and changed my security and privacy settings to the default level and still no success. Please help me. The website I am trying to get into is www.dxgold.com Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:47 PM

With service pack 2 you need to actually dsiable the blocker. In IE click on tools, the internet options, click on the privacy tab and uncheck block pop-ups

#3 Truth Loves You

Truth Loves You

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

If you were using mozilla firefox, http://getfirefox.com , the world's most popular user installed web browser, you could have disabled popups outright

Posted Image

OR even better, allow only specific sites to show popups

Posted Image

Posted Image

In firefox: Tools, Options

http://switch2firefox.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users