Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd And Dvd Burning Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jagrim

jagrim

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

Having some unusual problems that I think are related. Wife attempts to burn music cd using either WMP 11 or Nero and is unable to du to blank CD not being recogonized. When I attempt to burn a DL DVD, it tells me I am only placing a CD in the burner. I am burning +R DVD's (4.7 GB) on both burners with no problems. This started after my wife upgraded to WMP 11. I have attempted to rollback to WMP 10 but the problem still exists.
Problem exists on both drives.

Any clues or hints to what is going on would be appreciated.

Win XP Home
3.0 gh Pent 4
3 Mb Ram
Plextor 716A
Pioneer DVR-111C

Thanks in advance,
Alan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

Hi jagrim and welcome to BleepingComputers.

Are both drives on the same IDE cable? Have you tried replacing the IDE cable?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jagrim

jagrim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

Both are on the same IDE cable (as Cable select).

I utilized registry mechanic and made a few corrections and was able to burn a CD thru WMP 11. Have not had the oppurtunity to try a DL disc but will in the future. That's not a "must fix today" problem as I have 3 other computers that can burn a DL disc.

I'll change out the cable on my next case entry, just in case there is a problem with it.

Thanks for the suggestion
Alan

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:27 PM

Try setting the two drive up as master and slave, this means changing the jumper on the rear of the drives to the appropriate settings.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users