Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Considering More Ram

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 socom 004

socom 004

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

I have an HP Pavillon a1723w computer that has 1G of RAM. I was considering going up to 2G. Does anyone know what type or memory stick this takes?
Model: hp a1723w
Memeory(RAM): 1014MB
System Type: 32 bit OS
Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz.
I think it's a dual-core.
I have Windows Vista on it.
Thanks. Any help is appreciated.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:44 AM

I found THIS place that tells you the type of ram your computer uses. I've never bought anything from them. Have you tried going to www.crucial.com ? You can do the little survey thing and it will tell you what you need. I've heard for Vista that 2 gigs is pretty much needed to run good. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

Here's the recommendation from Crucial, for your system:
Pavilion a1723w
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

You computer has four expansion slot, each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-4200,DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.

If you are running dual channel you will need to add modules that will have the exact specs of the modules that you are using.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 socom 004

socom 004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

Wow, that didn't take long for responses. I'll check into the suggestions. Thanks for the help.
HP Pavillion a1723w, 820 dual-core processor, 250 G hard drive, 3 G RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Norton 360, Windows Defender, Webroot SpySweeper, AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition, Spybot S&D
Altec Lansing Sound Speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users