Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:44 PM
Hello computer experts,
I recently purchased a new computer (OS: XP home) with a TV wonder card so I can watch tv on my computer. The only problem is that there is no sound when I turn the tv on. Sound comes through the speakers just fine when I play music (e.g. windows media player) or watch DVD's, but not with the tv.
I called the store I purchased it from & the technician told me that there was a short cord I had to hook up on the back of my computer and the sound should work. Apparently it worked at the store before I took it home. The short cord has a blue end & a green end. The green goes into the green input of the tv wonder card, & the blue end goes in the output of the sound card (iirc). Either way, I matched the colours up and I still cannot get the sound to work.
Things already checked:
- Wiring in the back of the computer to make sure everything is plugged in snug/properly
- Drivers (are all updated)
- Sound options on my computer, nothing is muted from what I can tell?
- Catalyst Media Center (the program for the tv): I set it up normally, checked the audio options & made sure the tv was not muted
- Trouble shooting options: I went through these and still had no luck
The odd thing: When I am watching TV (with no sound), and listening to music (windows media player), if I increase or decrease the volume on the tv, the volume of the music in the windows media player increases/decreases accordingly and there is still no sound from the tv, just a picture.
Basically I am all out of idea's and do not have a clue what is wrong. Apparently it worked in the store so I must not be doing something correctly. If anybody has any input, it would be greatly appreciated!