Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Shop 2 elements/ photosop 3?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:12 AM

I already have photshop CS and my scanner has photo shop elements 2, and now I see that there is a new edition 3.

i see the comment of the healing brush, which is part of my photoshop
CS, actually quite a labour intensive program as well as high on the learning curve.

I am about to install my photoshop elements 2 that came with my canon LIDE 80 scanner to see if it can do some of the basics that the CS program has and then I saw the new 3 edition.
Thus I thought that i would post this query to see if anyone has actually tried the new elements version and what their experience has been with it.

CS is great, but you cannot really just slip it out of the box and start doing things with it. I took a course which was certainly an asset, a lot of options in the program I don't use and so I was thinking about the Elements 3.

Purchase of it is not an issue for me as I have a family member who is a partner in reselling of software, a mega advantage for me!!!

I look forward to comments. Thankyou :thumbsup:

Edited by georgia, 29 January 2005 - 07:14 AM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 10:50 AM

PSE3 is widely regarded as the best of the budget-priced image-editing applications. I use Photoshop 7, though I would agree it can do far more than I will probably learn to master. But I had it given so that's why I use it instead of somthing else. Previuosly I was using the original version of Elements and was impressed with it even then. I am sure PSE3 will suit your needs more than enough. Don't know if it has a healing-brush - - I wouldn't want to forego that very useful tool.

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:15 PM

Healing Brush is supposed to be the reason the program is more attractive than Photoshop Elements 2.

When I look at the price of CS up here $800 I am glad that I don't pay anything for it and simply have to go to classes to learn the program, the bulk of which I will not use.

Though I have I must say made a lot of family members happy with refurbished and cropped photos from days gone by.
I took them to one of my friends who does this professionally and he was very surprised.
And so classes do pay off!!! :thumbsup:

Great to hear that you are enjoying the 7 Edition!!!!
I have tried some of the freebie programs and nothing can compare to Adobe!!!!
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users