Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious Computer Problems (bsods, Random Restarts...)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PrometheusCG

PrometheusCG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

Hi everyone,

My computer is having some serious problems. The first problem is that my computer randomly reboots at any given time. Sometimes while Windows loads, right before it reaches the log in screen, it will reboot about 5 times until I can get to the log in screen. Once I log on and get to my desktop, my comp will reboot whenever, sometimes after half an hour, other times after 3 hours.

Also, when I reach my desktop, my screen will turn off and then turn back on.

And the third problem is that I get the BSOD at random times and am forced to reboot. The message in the BSOD is "Bad Pool Header".

I am running XP just to let everyone know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Personally, I am starting to think this has to do with my CPU or motherboard. A year ago, I accidently unplugged 3 of my fans inside my comp and didn't realize they were unplugged until I opened the case up few weeks ago. Could the lack of 3 fans cause overheating to my hardware?

I also tried running memtest from a floppy but it wont boot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thekingof7

thekingof7

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:48 PM

The lack of cooling could be affecting performance, but it sounds like bad RAM timings, try burning memtest86+ to a disk, or using the one that comes with UBCD or Hiren's Ultimate boot cd. Had similar probelsm witht eh constant reboot and BSOD, turned out it was RAM timings.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

Corrupt device drivers, disk problems, and maybe even memory problems are usually the cause of the BAD_POOL_HEADER STOP error: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x19

1) Run chkdsk /f /r on the hard drive
2) Run a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive (normally free to download)
3) Run MemTest86 (free): http://www.memtest86.com/

If everything checks out OK, then it's time to start messing with the drivers, let us know and we'll suggest some research and some things to try.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users