Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trend Micro, Spybot & Spywareblaster Conflict

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reynald

reynald

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:36 PM

My antivirus is Trend Micro PC-cillin. Itís been established that it doesnít play nice with Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster. Specifically, the latter two apparently put a long list of bad sites into the registry that overload a PC-cillin background task (PCClient.exe) and cause it to slow down the system. Iíve undone Spybotís immunization, which should remove from the registry all the sites it put there. Thatís helped, but thereís still a lot left. I suspect they were put there by Spywareblaster, but disabling all of the latterís protection doesnít remove them.

How do I get rid of these registry entries to stop PC-cillin from being a system hog? Short of deleting them using Regedit, which is (1) risky and (2) laborious since there are hundreds of them and as far as I can tell theyíd have to be deleted individually.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users